منتديات لغاتى التعليمية

منتديات لغاتى التعليمية (http://www.loghaty.com/vb3/index.php)
-   قسم دروس لغاتى فى اللغة الأنجليزية (http://www.loghaty.com/vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Present simple (http://www.loghaty.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=7196)

sweet_love 07-30-2008 08:45 AM

Present simple

1. Personal Pronouns

Personal pronouns tell which person or thing we are speaking about.
The personal pronouns in English are:

Singular

I

You

He

She

It
Plural

We

You

They

2. Verb "to be"

The verb "be" means to exist.

It is a linking verb, it links a subject and a thing connected with that subject.
The present simple forms of "to be" are as follow:

Singular

I am

You are

He is

She is

It is
Plural

We are

You are

They are

3. First Sentences

English is a Subject-Verb-Object (SVO) language - meaning that sentences are made with the subject first, then the verb, and finally the object. Using the above grammar we can now make basic English sentences, for example:
- I am a teacher
- She is happy
- They are students

Languages like French and Chinese are also SVO languages, but other languages are different. For example, Japanese, Korean and Persian are Subject-Object-Verb languages, so you wouldn't say "She is happy", you'd say "She happy is"!

sweet_love 07-30-2008 08:46 AM

1. Present Simple Negatives - Verb "to be"

Present Simple negatives and questions using the verb "to be"are formed differently from other questions. To make negatives you simply insert "not" before the verb "to be".

- Statement: You are a doctor.
- Negative: You are not a doctor.
- Statement: They are cats.
- Negative: They are not cats.

Here is the negative form of the verb "to be" in the Simple Present:

Singular

I am not

You are not

He is not

She is not

It is not
Plural

We are not

You are not

They are not

2. Present Simple Questions

To make questions you simply invert the subject and the verb.

- Statement: You are a doctor.
- Question: Are you a doctor?
- Statement: They are cats.
- Question: Are they cats?

Simple Present Question verbs are as follows: Singular

Am I (a teacher) ?

Are you ...?

Is he ...?

Is she ...?

Is it ...?
Plural

Are we ...?

Are you ...?

Are they ...?

3. Short Answers

We can often answer these questions with a short answer using the verb "to be". For example:
- Are you a teacher?
- Yes, I am / No, I am not.

- Is he a student?
- Yes, he is. / No, he is not.

Note that in spoken English we usually use contractions with the negative form. For example:
- No, I am not = No, I'm not.
These contractions will be studied in a later Unit.

sweet_love 07-30-2008 08:47 AM

1. Present Simple

The Simple Present is used to make statements about the present time. It is used in the following ways.

- Permanent facts: These sentences give facts which are always true.
It is cold in winter. - The sun shines. - Fish live in water.

- Present facts: These sentences are true now.
I work at home. - She plays the piano.
"I work at home" doesn't mean I am working right now, but it does mean that in my present condition I work at home.

- Habitual actions: I get up at 8.00. - They come here every day.
These actions are repeated regularly, so they are considered a present reality and are expressed in the Simple Present.

Here is the verb "to give in the Simple Present:

Singular

I give

You give

He gives

She gives

It gives
Plural

We give

You give

They give

2. Spelling Rules for the Present Simple

If you look above you'll see the spelling doesn't change, except for the third person singular (He, She, It) which adds an "s" to the verb. For example "I eat - He eats".

Sometimes other spelling rules also apply to He, She and It. All the following verbs add "es" instead of "s":

The short forms for the negative verb "to be" are as follows:

Verb Endings

Verbs ending in -o add -es

Verbs ending in -s add -es

Verbs ending in -x add -es

Verbs ending in -ch add -es

Verbs ending in -sh add -es

-----

Verbs ending in a consonant and -y often change the -y to -ies:

Verbs such as "buy" have no consonant before the "y", so you simply add -s
as usual.
Spelling Examples

do - does, go - goes

pass - passes, kiss - kisses

fix - fixes, mix - mixes

match - matches, catch - catches

push - pushes, rush - rushes

try - tries, cry - cries

buy - buys, pay - pays.

Click below for exercises on the Present Simple

sweet_love 07-30-2008 08:48 AM

1. Simple Present Negatives

Simple Present negatives and questions are used in the same situations as Simple Present statements: for permanent facts, present fact, and habitual actions.

- Permanent facts: I do not speak Japanese. - Fish do not live in water.

- Present facts: I do not work at home. - She does not play the piano.

- Habitual actions: I do not get up at 8.00. - They do not come here every day.

To make a negative sentence we put do or does after the subject. Because of this, the verb that follows do/does + not is always in the bare infinitive form.
For example:
"I do not like pizza." is correct, but
"I do not likes pizza is incorrect" - you don't need to add an "s" to the verb "like".
Do and does come from the verb "to do", which is often used as an auxiliary verb in English.

Here is the negative form of the verb "to give" in the Simple Present:

Singular

I do not give

You do not give

He does not give

She does not give

It does not give
Plural

We do not give

You do not give

They do not give

2. Simple Present Questions

To make a Simple Present Questions you put do or does before the subject. For example: - Statement: I speak Japanese.
- Questions: Do I speak Japanese?
- Statement: She likes pizza.
- Questions: Does she like pizza?
As with negatives, the verb after do or does (and the subject) is always in the bare infinitive form. It is the auxiliary verb "to do", do or does, which changes.

Simple Present Question verbs are as follows:

Singular

Do I like (pizza) ?

Do you like ...?

Does he like ...?

Does she like ...?

Does it like ...?
Plural

Do we like ...?

Do you like ...?

Do they like ...?

Negative questions are also possible but are used for several more advanced ways. We'll deal with them later!

امان 07-31-2008 05:23 PM

ماشاء الله.....وتبارك الله الى الاماااااااااااااااااااام

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم و الصلاة والسلام على خيرالانام حبيبنا المصطفى سيدنا محمد وعلى اله وصحبه اجمعين الى يوم الدين .
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله و بركاته
تحياتي الصادقة التي ابعثها الي وسام العطاء والقلب الطيب صاحبة القلم الالماسي==اختي احلى وردة sweet_love==

1-اهلالالالالالالا ومليار مرحباااااااااااا بيكي معنا ببيتك الثاني وبين اخوانك واخواتكراجيةالمولى عز وجل ان يظلنا تحتظله يوم لا ظلالا ظله اللهم امييييييييييييييين.
:^5^::^5^::^5^:
بالمغربية نقلك
=مرحبا والف مرحبااااااا وزارتنا البركة =
:^5^::^5^::^5^:

2- ما شاء الله وتبارك الله ولاقوة الا بالله العلي العظيم بداية ممتااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااازة ودروس قيمة جدااااااااااااااااااااااااا وطيبة فلك مني اجل واعطر تحية وامتنان وتقدير وجزاك المولى عزوجل جنانا فردوسية بمعية الحبيب سيدنامحمد عليه افضل الصلاة والزكاة واله وصحبه اجمعين اللهم امييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييين.

==الصراحة دروسك القيمة تستحق التكريم هي وصاحبتهم الاصيلة الطيبة لا التثبيت فقط الله ينورك بالعلم النافع والاحسان اللهم امييييييييييييييييييييييييين==

الى الاماااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااا ااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااام

بالتوفيق مع مزيد من النجاحات الدينية والدنيوية اللهم امين
رعاك الله
اختك امان

FrankJScott 01-19-2023 05:52 PM

High Rated Roof Repair Details

To the person talking about commercial south florida roof replacement services, cost of south florida roof repair contractor, tile roofing West Palm Beach FL, commercial roof inspection in south florida, asphalt roofers in West Palm Beach, top south florida roof repair contractors, I highly recommend this new roof replacement info or cost of south florida roof replacement, best roof inspection in palm beach county, West Palm Beach FL roof inspectors contractor, roof inspection in West Palm Beach FLorida, instant roof inspection quotes West Palm Beach, best roof replacement in West Palm Beach area, not to mention this top rated roof replacement blog alongside all palm beach metal roofers, West Palm Beach commercial roofing contractor, best roofing services in south florida, top West Palm Beach roof inspection, roofing contractor supplies in West Palm Beach, local roof inspection company West Palm Beach FL, not to mention this updated roof inspection blog which is also great. Also, have a look at this best roof inspection blog and don't forget roof repair in palm beach county, residential roof replacement West Palm Beach FL, affordable roof inspection services in south florida, commercial south florida roof replacement contractors, top south florida roof replacement services, south florida roof replacement company, on top of this updated roof replacement details alongside all asphalt roofers in West Palm Beach, roof inspectors supplies in West Palm Beach, commercial south florida roof repair companies, residential metal roofers West Palm Beach FL, roof repair companies in West Palm Beach FLorida, metal roofing services West Palm Beach, not to mention new roof replacement blog which is also worth a look. I also recommend this useful roof replacement url and don't forget commercial metal roofers south florida fl, affordable south florida roofing services, palm beach roofing contractor company, roof replacement in West Palm Beach FLorida, roof inspection palm beach county, top south florida roofing company, alongside all this top rated roof replacement info as well as asphalt roofers in South Florida, cost of south florida roofing services, South Florida shingle roofing, roof replacement company West Palm Beach FL, West Palm Beach Roof repair, cost of south florida roofing companies, not to mention top roof repair tips not to mention best south florida roof repair services, state certified roof inspectors West Palm Beach, palm beach roof replacement companies, roofing contractor west palm beach fl, affordable south florida roof inspection company, palm beach metal roofing company, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this updated roof inspection details with commercial roof repair contractor south florida, tile roofing company West Palm Beach FL, roof repair palm beach county, West Palm Beach roof inspectors, best roof repair West Palm Beach at an affordable price, affordable south florida roofers, for good measure. Check more @ Awesome Online Marketing Advice 6d6fb81

الساعة الآن 12:34 AM بتوقيت مسقط